Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills. Ofsted inspect services providing education and skills for learners of all ages as well as inspecting and regulating services that care for children and young people.
On 9th and 10th July 2019 the school received its first inspection since converting to an Academy in 2016 and the school received a grading of ‘good’ for overall effectiveness. The following strengths were detailed:
- Leaders’ drive and commitment is shared by staff, trustees and governors. Together, they have created a safe learning environment at the heart of the community. Pupils aspire to the school moto: ‘Believe, achieve, succeed’
- Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is promoted successfully. Leaders provide opportunities that broaden pupils’ horizons and raise their aspirations. Pupils are prepared effectively to be citizens of the future.
- Parents and carers are happy with the care, guidance and support from staff. ‘Nothing is too much trouble,’ reflects the comments of many.
- Leaders in the early years have designed a curriculum that ignites children’s curiosity. Children thrive in the nurturing environment that leaders and staff have created. As a result, children make good progress.
- Pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) are supported effectively by highly trained staff. These pupils make good progress.
- Leaders are committed to helping disadvantaged pupils to overcome barriers to learning, particularly in relation to their social and emotional development. As a result, disadvantaged pupils are making better progress than in the past.
- Leaders have designed a broad curriculum that promotes pupils’ interest in the world around them. The curriculum, particularly in key stage 2, builds successfully on pupils’ prior learning.
- Pupils are polite, courteous and well mannered. The strong relationships fostered by adults contribute to pupils’ positive attitudes to learning. Pupils feel valued and safe in school.
The full report can be viewed here.
If you would like to provide Ofsted with feedback about our school then you can do so using the Parent View tool.